Ghost Of Tsushima Wins Voice Award

Ghost Of Tsushima Wins Voice Award

Geoff Keighley announced that Ghost of Tsushima was the winner of The Game Awards Player’s Voice Award this year after three rounds of voting by fans.

The Game Awards will take place on December 10. During the event, awards like Best Narrative, Best Directing, and Game of the Year will be announced. These awards are decided on by both the elected jury and the fans, but in these cases, the voting jury makes up 90 percent of the votes, while the other 10 percent of the votes are cast by the fans. This is not the case for the Voice of the Player Award though. It is completely up to the fans or anybody who has signed up for the Game Awards to vote.

Ghost Of Tsushima Wins Voice Award
Credit Geoff Keighley‘s official twitter account.

Since there is no vote weighing for this award, Ghost of Tsushima is the game with the most votes among all other nominees. The Last of Us Part II surpassed other 2020 releases like Hades and Doom Eternal.

Ghost of Tsushima saw her place change for each round in the standings. In the second round of voting, TLOU2 was 3 percent ahead – 14 percent and 11 percent respectively – and then when the last round began on 6 December, TLOU2 rose to 43 percent of the vote, while Ghost of Tsushima was just 31 percent.

Then, just four hours before the vote ended, Tsushima of Ghost rose to 47% and TLOU2 dropped to 33%. This was Keighley’s last update on voting percentages before announcing on Tuesday that Ghost of Tsushima was a Player’s Voice Award winner at The Game Awards this year.