Blizzard’s competitive game Overwatch gets NVidia Reflex support. Reflex support looks like it s greatly reducing the latency in the system. After a few weeks of testing on the test servers, it is also coming to the main servers. According to the statemen, this support will be offered for Rust and Ghostrunner soon. NVidia’s explanation and details on the subject are as follows:
No more delays with Overwatch NVidia Reflex support
Overwatch players with GeForce graphics cards can now further improve their competitiveness. As a matter of fact, it will be able to take advantage of NVIDIA Reflex technology to do this. You can enable the NVIDIA Reflex in the game settings, allowing faster targeting of opponents, quicker responsiveness and increasing target precision though.
After several weeks of testing on test servers (PTR), they collected life saving data. NVIDIA Reflex reduces system lag by up to 50% and significantly improves the game’s responsiveness. It is now online on the Overwatch’s main servers today. NVIDIA Reflex provides instant improvements and system lag reduction during targeting, providing the best experience for gamers regardless of the hero, abilities and weapons used.
Reflex Comes to Rust and Ghostrunner
NVIDIA also announced two new games that will soon feature NVIDIA Reflex low latency technology.
- Facepunch Studios‘ successful game Rust
- Ghostrunner, the futuristic ninja action game of One More Level
NVIDIA Reflex Keeps Getting Better
Other improvements in NVIDIA Reflex include:
A new optimization update has been made in “Boost” mode that can reduce latency in certain CPU dependent scenarios.
- The new optimization has been implemented in Fortnite, also reducing latency by an additional 15% in CPU-dependent scenarios.
- Valorant will roll out this optimization in the next patch. Initial tests show a 10-15% improvement in system latency compared to the previous version in similar CPU-dependent situations.
Four new Reflex Latency Analyzer compatible mice including:
- ASUS ROG KERIS WIRED
- ASUS ROG KERIS WIRELESS
- CORSAIR SABER PRO CHAMPION SERIES
- CORSAIR SABER RGB PRO CHAMPION SERIES
Three mouse manufacturers have released the following firmware updates to enable Reflex Latency Analyzer:
- AOPEN Fire Legend GM310
- Acer Predator Cestus 350
- Razer Deathadder v2 Pro
Acer launches new Predator X25 360Hz Reflex Latency Analyzer equipped monitor
NVIDIA’s GeForce Experience implementation has been updated to include various user-requested features, including:
- Ability to save all performance monitoring data in a CSV file (including latency statistics from FPS and Reflex Latency Analyzer).
- Ability to choose the number of samples the Reflex Latency Analyzer will use for averaging.
- Adding GPU usage to the set of latency metrics to help easily determine when a game is CPU or GPU dependent.